Monday, October 26, 2009

Etymology

I love words.

Looking through a dictionary and reading definitions is something so impassioned! I don't even know how to explain. When you find a word that you never knew existed, you feel so intelligent and almost as if you are benefiting society in some diminutive, miniscule way. Sitting in a chair with a book open on your lap, reading through definitions...haahaa, its scrumptiously amusing.

When you find a word that completely describes your mood you feel understood for the first time. Right before your eyes are a few lines that explain your emotions better than you could ever articulate...

Maybe one day I'll study Etymology. But to be honest, I don't think I would have the patience to do it. Its so exhilarating as a hobby, but if someone were to command me to study the dictionary I do believe I would become impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment